Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Community baby showers for charity

Has anyone ever been to a community baby shower? They are getting popular all over the country. The idea is to have a traditional baby shower at a community park or recreation center, and the guests of honor are all expectant or new moms in the community who could use a little financial help. The other guests bring diapers, feeding supplies, baby safety items, etc, as gifts. They are wrapped at the baby shower, and then distributed to new or soon-to-be moms. Sometimes they are distributed at the shower, while some organizers deliver the gifts to their homes. This is a great way to be a part of something positive while having fun at the same time. If your area is planning a community baby shower for charity, please share your ideas in order to help others in their planning.
To all those new and expectant moms out there, congrats!

1 comment:

Cali-delights said...

Hi West,
I came across your blog while doing a search for Babyshowers. I was reading your blog and noticed you have a lot of information on baby showers and thought you would be perfect to ask. How popular are diapercakes in babyshowers? I started getting into making them for fun about 2 years ago when I had my little girl and I love to make them. In the last two years I have seen them grow all over the internet. I am always looking for excuses to make one.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/us/">Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.